Saturday, September 21, 2013

Countdown to Halloween: Retro vs Modern Costumes

One of my favorite holidays is on its way...Halloween! I loved it as a kid and now its exciting to see how much my girls love it. The costumes have changed over the years but the fun has stayed the same. Trick or treating, Halloween parties and decorations have always been fun.

My Favorite Halloween Costume as a Kid: 
When I was 8 or 9 years old, my mom got me a Strawberry Shortcake costume and it basically was made up of a plastic mask and a plastic dress that tied in the back. I loved it and wore it for several years in a row! It looked like this:

My daughter has expressed some interest in being Strawberry Shortcake this year and right its a toss up between Strawberry Shortcake and a Bumble Bee.

Halloween of Recent Years:
For my daughter's first Halloween she was Sulley from Monster's Inc and last year she was a Ladybug. Her older big sister was a Pirate Girl and last year a Flamenco Dancer. Her other big sister was Tinkerbell and Ariel.

Sulley, Tinkerbell and Pirate

To Party or Not to Party: 
Last year I threw a party for the kids, it took alot of planning and time so I don't know if I will do it again this year but I'm thinking about it. The parents thanked me last year because Hurricane Sandy came on Halloween and the kids weren't able to go trick-or-treating so the party was their Halloween. 



What are your plans for Halloween? Any Parties? What was your favorite costume as a kid? What are your kids dressing up as? Leave a comment and let me know! The countdown to Halloween is here! We can't wait! New pics will soon follow.

2 comments:

  1. I'm not entirely sure what everyone is going to be but Madison already has her costume. She's little miss lalaloopsy. The boys always wait until the very last minute to choose their costume which means a trip to Party City where it's crowded which I hate. Have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you cute monster' picture! such a lovely and sweet!

    ReplyDelete