Sunday, April 14, 2013

How Motherhood Has Changed my Life

Being a mother has changed my life. Life changes meaning when you have a child. Your life is not your own anymore. A little innocent child relies solely on you to rear her in the right direction, to raise her with unconditional love, to provide her with shelter, protect her from harm, give her what she needs to grow and nurture herself so that she can become a well-rounded adult. My daughter has allowed me to see things differently. She has made me protective and unselfish and has brought an innocence back to the everyday. It is a wonderful feeling to see your child grow both mentally and physically. She is in a sense a work of art that my husband and I have created. She is the object of my pride and happiness. I could not imagine my life without her.

My daughter has inspired me to be a better person. She has motivated me to be better health care provider, to have more empathy for my patients. She is the driving force behind my website www.babyinbloom.net. Through the website I try to help pregnant women with some of the questions they may have surrounding their pregnancies. 

My daughter has also made me part of the DIY mommy club, the blogging mommy, the mom that looks for activities like dance school, gymboree, outdoor events, arranging parties and events that involve other children, like birthdays and Easter egg hunts and Christmas tree decorating. 

Life has changed in a beautiful way and will keep on changing as the years go by. I am thankful to be a mom and I wouldn't have it any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment