Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Way Back Wednesday: 1983


Let's think back to simpler times: 1983.

So what was going on in 1983?
That's me in 1983!

For one, it was a time of great music. Madonna was just starting her career. One of the number one songs was Every Breath You Take by the Police. Cyndi Lauper and Michael Jackson had songs in the top ten on the charts.


Return of the Jedi was one of the top money making films at a time when people actually went to the movies!

Cabbage patch kids and Rubik's Cube were the big toys! I got my first Cabbage Patch Kid that year. I was so excited! I later got two more and still have them to this day. I also had the Rubik's cube but I could never do it :(


Do you remember the fashion? Big hair and stir-ups pants? Leotard and acid wash jeans? Big earring and lace? Do you remember what you wore?

What were you up to in 1983?


8 comments:

  1. Wow! Love your topic today:) I remember in 1983 I graduated high school back in Russia. Guess what.... my hair was in the same fashion as was popular here in those days. A big perm and looked exactly like Madonna's longer version. Can you imagine me with a perm?! ...lol
    Thank you for stopping by today, Lana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seemed everyone loved getting perms those days, lol. I used to dress like Madonna, big black bow in the hair and 20+ rubber bracelets per arm :)

      Delete
  2. I have super curly hair, so the 80's was a great time for me to come of age. I used to blow dry it up about a foot off my head and six inches to each side. Scary! I also remember that the first music video I ever saw was Cyndy Lauper's "Time After Time."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to do the same thing: I only used Rave or Aquanet aerosol hair spray!! I used to love that song! One of my first videos was Madonna's "Borderline". Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  3. I really don't remember much of that year but I do remember Cyndi Lauper Girls Just Wanna have Fun. I did love the clothes back then as well. Oh the good old days! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved my cabbage patch kids :) And I had huge bangs that I teased up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved mine too! I had 3 (and still have, they are in my attic). Two fullterm and one preemie lol. Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete