Thursday, June 13, 2013

Back on Track

I am disappointed that I missed the last 3 days of my 15-Day-Blog-Challenge but I am ready to catch up again now. I had a rough 3 days, feeling a little under the weather and also been very busy with work and home getting everything ready for the weekend coming up. My stepdaughter's 4th birthday party is this Saturday and I have been making her goodie bags, ordering food, shopping for cake decorations and finally booked a clown and a character. Also, Sunday is Father's Day, as you know, so I coordinated a little get-together for my husband, children and extended family to go out to eat at an Italian restaurant: No cooking or cleaning, thank goodness! There are even a few surprises for my husband lined up that I am sure he will love.

Ok, now for an update on my fitness challenge. We went to whole foods and bought some healthy snacks which I am enjoying. I discovered some really tasty snacks like these winterfruit crackers and this delicious Adriatic fig spread. I have brought healthier things to work likely fruits and nuts so that I won't be tempted to make a bad choice in the hospital cafeteria or gift shop. Working out has been a challenge this week but hopefully next week will be easier.

Did you know that eating unhealthy food can actually shrink your brain? This is because people that eat unhealthy foods usually have a diet low in omega 3s and certain vitamins and minerals. There is even a link between making bad choices in diet and developing Alzheimer's Disease. Also recently in the news: women who have low Vitamin D levels are more likely to develop fibroids. Eating healthy should be on every one's to-do list, even if you are not trying to lose weight.







The 15-Day Blog Writing Challenge

7 comments:

  1. Love the photo and the message. I'm also thinking of doing my own fitness challenge in the hopes of losing a few pounds. Eating healthy though is a major challenge for me. There are so many fast food restaurants around and its way easier (at least that's what I tell myself) to grab a quick bite than to pack a healthy sandwich. Gotta join you in the healthy craze. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GrowingupMadison, yes join!! I can even add it as a guest blog if you'd like. Just send to my gmail account. (lliarpac at gmail.com)

      Delete
  2. I would love to join your 15 day challenge. I'm a little confused though (which is honestly not hard to do). Is it a fitness challenge or a blog challenge? I'm up for either! www.reddersideofpink.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Kari Ann, it's both! The 15-Day blog challenge is from Tiny Steps Mommy: http://www.tinystepsmommy.com/2013/06/03/the-15-day-blog-challenge-getting-started/

      You can still join! The fitness challenge is my own, just me writing about my progress! Feel free to join, I can incorporate it as a guest blog!

      Delete
  3. Great info about why we should eat healthy. I try to make smart choices each day but love my Chocoate too. When I start my day with a protein shakes and my vitamins, a have a better chance of setting on track.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Moyra, thats a great strategy! My husband always starts his day that way and he has been doing really well!

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete