Monday, June 3, 2013

How I Plan to Celebrate Summer


I am excited that the warm weather is finally here and that the summer activities can begin! I am looking forward to doing some fun activities with my family this summer. One of the best family getaways we will go on is a trip to a horse ranch in upstate NY. We went last year and had an awesome time so we plan to visit in July. I want to make it a yearly thing, at least until the kids outgrow it. Where else can you enjoy all-inclusive meals (including outdoor BBQs and late night snacks), ride horses, go to the pool, go to art class, sing karaoke, watch entertaining shows, play baseball, go to the arcade and even play jeopardy! By the way, I played jeopardy last year and won! The kids loved it and so did we.


I am also looking forward to having friends and family over for BBQs at our place. We hosted a few last year and it was great. We have already had 2 so far and its only June 3! In 2 weeks we will be having another party in the backyard to celebrate my step-daughter's 4th birthday. Then there is 4th of July which we plan on either going to watch the fireworks and eating somewhere or having a few people over and celebrating at home.

I plan on a few lazy summer days, relaxing by the pool or at the beach with a good book. It has been a while since I have been able to do that. There is something so soothing and calm about being able to feel the heat and the wind on your body while reading and sipping a cold drink. Our youngest child will be almost 3 so my husband and I might be able to enjoy a weekend getaway to ourselves.

Summer will be over before you know it. Late August and early September will already feel different. I plan to make the best of it while I can!




This is Day 1 of my 15-Day Blog Challenge.



No comments:

Post a Comment