Wednesday, June 5, 2013

I am giving myself a fitness challenge

This is day three in my 15-day Blog Challenge.

I am giving myself a fitness challenge because I am tired of this extra weight that I gained after my pregnancy that I was never able to get rid of. It's not alot of weight but I don't like how its arranged itself on my body. I basically need to lose about 10 to 15 pounds. Along with losing the weight, I want to feel better and look better and to do this I need to change how what I am putting into my body.

1. Less Sugar! Ok so I no longer put 3 or 4 sugars in my coffee every day like I used to do. I am down to 1 to 2 sugars. I am going to work on putting less than that. On weekends, I don't put any sugar because I use my vanilla creamer but I have to remember to buy the low sugar one. Of course it goes without saying, no cookies, cakes, etc. Ok so I had some OREOS the other night but that has to stop!

2. Lots of Water. I want to make sure I drink at least four 8 oz servings of water per day. I dont know what happened, I used to drink alot of water but recently I haven't. I am going to take my Camelbak water bottle to work and fill it every chance I get.

3. Eating healthy. I need to make better food choices. I am going to add some superfoods to the diet again and avoid eating unhealthy and high calorie foods. 

4. Exercise. I am going to work out 3 to 4 times a week. I have a treadmill in my basement and I need to use it! My husband and I are going to be supportive of each other and make this happen. We are also going to take advantage of the weather go out for runs.

5. Take my vitamins. I need to start taking my vitamins again. I am sure my body lacks some minerals and vitamins and can use some extra calcium, vitamin D and biotin. 

6. Manage stress better. Managing stress is very important. Stress releases cortisol in your body which does all sorts of bad things to you including making it difficult to lose weight.

I think that sums it up for now. The first day of my challenge will be tomorrow. I will let you know how it goes! 


The 15-Day Blog Writing Challenge

2 comments:

  1. Hi Linda: I also need to regularly do 1-6 on your list. I do drink about 32 oz. of water a day and take vitamins but I need to use my treadclimber, eat healthier, and manage stress better. I also need to better manage my growing to-do list. Each week I say I am going to start and I get caught up/stuck in my same ole rut. I am going to make a real effort to begin and stick with it until it becomes habit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats great! I got to do all but exercise today, I hope to make it up tomorrow. Yes, trying to stick with it is key, its easy to slip into the same routine. Keep me posted on how you do!

    ReplyDelete