Saturday, June 29, 2013

Baby Shower Fun!

Do you remember how you felt when you had your baby shower? I was recently researching an article for Baby in Bloom about baby showers and it brought me back. I was registered at Babies R Us and Buy Buy Baby which I was very happy with. Buy Buy Baby even gives you a goody bag with samples for baby when you register.
My theme was butterflies and flowers because this was what I picked for my nursery's theme. The cake was a three tier creation with butterflies and flowers on the edges and the favor was a single serve cupcake that was a mini version of the big cake:


My centerpieces were made by a good friend of mine. She bought the baskets and put foam in it and placed fresh flowers and white twigs with white lights that were battery powered and she decorated the twigs with pacifiers and butterfly hair clips. They looked great! We gave the centerpiece to the oldest person at each table at the end of the shower.


Did you do anything fun for you baby shower that you would like to share? Email me pictures at lliarpac at gmail.com. Here are some pictures from 2 showers I recently attended: 

Candy theme for a double baby shower (for a girl and boy)



Flower cupcakes and DIY favors for another baby shower I went to. The little bags were made of burlap and inside was homemade body/foot scrub with little baby food jars filled with ginger-flavored treats (good for nausea in pregnancy)

Guess the Baby shower game

Be sure to visit Baby in Bloom for advice on how to plan your baby shower!




8 comments:

  1. I've had only 1 baby shower and I've had 4 babies. I didn't even want the last one but my military unit insisted. I remember we played guess how many inches, which was basically how big I was around my tummy. I did end up having fun and got some neat stuff so it wasn't too bad. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only had one and I loved it! I still use done of the stuff to this day! I think it's a great way to connect with friends and get some much needed items for baby :)

      Delete
  2. Very pretty! We keep them pretty simple around here! I had a shower with my little girl, but didn't with my little boy. The "norm" here is one shower and one only. I think there would be an exception for multiples though! ;) Following via bloglovin' and subscribed by email! Bloggy Moms rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recognize those favors! That day was extremely fun for me. I felt so loved and was so proud of my belly! I also felt so excited to know all these amazing women who were throwing the shower and in attendance. It was the BEST day! I love the candy idea. I may do that for the next one:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol I love that you saw this on your own! Do u like how I hid the names on the baby guessing game? Your shower was a blast!! I loved your favors :)

      Delete
  4. Those favors look cute. What's inside them? The Guess the Baby game looks like lots of fun!
    ~Kim
    www.2justByou.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They had homemade body/foot scrub and baby food jars that were emptied and fill with ginger treats! It was for my friend Jennifer's shower. Very cute idea!

      Delete
  5. Great ideas for a baby shower! I haven't had a baby yet, but I'm sure your first shower is so much fun :)

    ReplyDelete