Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Home Made Lasagna Rolls

I had seen the recipe for lasagna rolls on the internet recently and decided to give it a try. You can make them with just cheese or add shredded chicken, beef or spinach if you like. The first time I made them I used chicken but this time I used only cheese.

They are real simple to make and here is the step-by-step directions:

1. Cook the pasta for the recommended time. I usually like Ronzoni because they don't fall apart easily after you cook them. Try to keep them al dente because they will further cook in the oven.

2. After they are cooked, place them on a flat surface:


3. Add ricotta cheese (you may mix the ricotta with a beaten egg in order to make the rolls stick better) and mozzarella along the pasta.



4. Gently roll the lasagna and place side by side in an oven pan/tray:


5. Add sauce and extra cheese on top and cook in oven for 15 to 20 minutes.


6. Enjoy!
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

11 comments:

  1. I bet my kids would love this! They look yummy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter would love this as well since she's a vegetarian. I can't do the lasagna but this is so much easier. I'm going to show this to her. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! I think she will love it! My daughter did.

      Delete
  3. I've made a variation of these before, using chicken, ricotta, and parmesan cheese! My kids loved them, and actually, this reminds me that I haven't made them in a while. I know my oldest son was just asking about them a week or so ago. Guess I need to get them on the menu for next week!

    http://creatingmyniche.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those look delicious! I love lasagna but hate the "technique", so this is a perfect recipe for me. Found you on Bloggy Moms and love your blog! :)
    http://www.mondaysnugget.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your comments! Yes, they are really easy to make and kids love them :)Thanks for visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These do look very tasty! I think I have made something similar but a long time ago. Will definitely have to try them out soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! They were delicious and easy to make :) Let me know if you do.

      Delete
  7. I made these the other night. I mixed in spinach with the ricotta. Delicious! My husband liked it too, which is a huge compliment since he doesn't think vegetarian meals can be filling. Thanks for saving dinner time for us Linda!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could be of help! I hope to post more simple recipes soon :)

      Delete